Position: Building Custodian
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Posted: September 3, 2020
Job Description / Duties
About the Job:
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Building Custodian, is responsible for washing and cleaning floors and carpets, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens and room doors in common areas, cleaning stairwells, disposing of refuge, cleaning windows, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures. The Building Custodian is regularly exposed to and in direct contact with dust, dirt, fumes, cleaning and other chemicals, germs and human waste. The Building Custodian maintains the cleanliness of the grounds, may be required to clean vacant rooms; and reports any damage and/or problems in the building to the Program Manager.
You Also Have:
• Proven initiative, judgment, decision-making and problem-solving capabilities
• Proven ability to develop and maintain rapport with women, children, your co-workers and other stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to organize and carry out work with independence
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position and carry out heavy cleaning duties
Qualifications / Required Skills
• WHIMIS certificate is required
• A valid First Aid Certificate is required
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate is an asset
• All positions are subject to a criminal records review
Salary: $20.83/hr., plus a generous leave, benefits and pension package
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote the Competition Number in your email subject line and provide a cover letter with a current resume describing how you meet or exceed the above-noted qualifications. Resumes with a Cover Letter unique to Atira are guaranteed a review. Candidates who lack the experience and qualifications set out in the posting may not be considered, although an exceptional cover letter and transferable skills may overcome lack of experience for some positions. Please go to www.atira.bc.ca/careers for a current list of postings.
Atira Women's Resource Society, an award-winning nonprofit organization known for its inclusionary hiring practices and where a job is more than a pay cheque. We offer the opportunity to work alongside a remarkable group of women working to make the world a more just place, one woman, one child, one home, one job at a time.