HSABC Webinar: COVID-19: Planning Tools and Supports for Non-profits
March 25, 2020, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
The webinar “HSABC Webinar: NEW** Introduction to Strategic Planning” at: Wed, Mar 25, 2020 10:00 AM PDT - Wed, Mar 25, 2020 11:00 AM PDT has been cancelled.
Mark Friesen will be offering a different webinar in the same time slot to help support you in this time of crisis: COVID-19: Planning Tools and Supports for Non-profits:
- Review Resources and Supports available for non-profit organizations
- Pandemic Planning: key functional areas to focus on in your response plan
- Who can you turn to for support: sector leaders and organizations you can reach out to for support right now
- Planning for tomorrow: in an unpredictable environment, how to approach scenario planning to equip your organization for resilience
Mark Friesen is the Director of Capacity Development at Vantage Point, where he assists not-for-profit organizations throughout BC with strategic planning, governance, and capacity building. Mark excels at assessing governance structures and finding democratic solutions to organizational challenges. At Vantage Point, Mark can be found facilitating new and seasoned not-for-profits at various stages in their organizational life cycle. Mark received his Masters’ in Urban Studies at SFU, where he received a Graduate Fellowship in 2012, the Doug Drummond Research Fellowship in 2013, and graduated with the Dean of Graduate Studies Convocation Medal in 2015 for his research into governance at the scale of the city-region. Mark has served as a volunteer, association founder, and an executive director, and has led fundraising, strategic planning and program development efforts in the sector for over 15 years. He currently sits on the Board of the Ripple Coast Society and Columbia College.
Mark has a unique perspective on the role that not-for-profits have in supporting a democratic society, which you can explore here:
How to Register for Training Courses:
If your organization is a member of HSA-BC
- login with your login credentials
- if you do not have your own account/login, please click the Member rate and follow prompts for setting up an account.
If your organization is not a member of HSA-BC, please select the Non-member rate and create a guest account.
Why do I need an account?
You will be able to log into the private area and view your training courses and certificates.