Position: Supervisor #0481
Deadline: August 11, 2022
Posted: August 4, 2022
Job Description / Duties
NOTICE: JOB POSTING #0481
POSITION: Supervisor (Grid 35) 1 Part Time – SafePoint, Surrey
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
· Thursday through Saturday
· Shift times will be 15:45 to 01:15 Hours
· Shifts are 9.5 hours in length
· Days of rest shall be consecutive. Schedule may change with two weeks’ notice
· Probationary/ qualifying period will be 488 hours with mid and end point reviews.
The Supervisor reports to the Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. The Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the site residence. The Supervisor will provide support, assistance, education and skill development for adults living in residence and who may be working on greater independence and stability in their life. The Supervisor also ensuring that program mandate, policies and procedures are followed.
JOB DUTIES:(in brief)
· Supervise daily operations and adheres to society policies and procedures
· Ensure service engagement, case planning, management & discharge planning are consistent with mandate
· Perform tasks associated with engagement of tenants and service delivery
· Complete required records and maintain statistical data
· Participates in tenant intake, service support, assessment, service plans, crisis intervention and administers meds and finances
· Limited external work. Use of a vehicle may be useful at times
· Job duties are complex and may have a few disagreeable factors
Qualifications / Required Skills
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
· Post-secondary education equivalent to two (2) years study plus two (2) years of recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience, including one (1) year supervisory experience
· Familiarity with community resources, particularly addiction, mental health, welfare and harm reduction.
· Must have current OFA 1 First Aid Certificate
· Must have two doses of COVID 19 Vaccine
· Crisis Intervention Skills Training an asset
· Ability to work independently and in a supervisory role; good judgement skills, tact and discretion
· Strong ability to manage stress and organize high workload demands
· Excellent communication, writing and documentation and organizational skills.
· Understands and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
· Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
· Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks and operate job related equipment.
· A minimum of two (2) years sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use.
· Criminal Record Clearance – vulnerable sector
Lookout Housing and Health Society is committed to empowering people from different races, gender, age, religion, identities and unique experiences. We welcome everyone from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to apply in order to foster an inclusive environment.
Salary: $27.24 Per Hour (as per the Collective Agreement)
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume, and quote Job Posting # in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until August 11, 2022 at 5:00pm
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9.” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED
c. BCGEU, Shop Steward
Lookout Housing and Health Society is a charitable organization and social safety net that provides housing and a range of support services to adults with low or no income, who have few, if any, housing or support options. As the people we serve have challenges meeting basic needs and goals, we place minimal barriers between them and our services. We believe that helping people help themselves is essential in addressing homelessness and all the issues that surround it. Securing appropriate housing is
the first and most essential step in achieving responsible and independent individuals. For more information about Lookout, please visit www.lookoutsociety.ca