Job Board > Casual Clinical Resource Worker - Lookout Housing and Health Society
Position: Casual Clinical Resource Worker
Deadline: March 23, 2023
Posted: March 16, 2023
Job Description / Duties
NOTICE: JOB POSTING #CASUAL
POSITION: Casual Clinical Resource Worker Surrey, BC
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK: 7 days a week, day, afternoon/evening and overnight shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays
The Clinical Resource Worker (CRW) reports to the Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. CRWs are front-line staff working within a 24hr, 7 day a week licensed residential home for males, aged 19 plus, who struggle with a variety of issues including addictions. The CRW provides intake, orientation and support for residents. The CRW will be required to connect with other key partner agencies relevant to the needs of the residents.
JOB DUTIES: (in brief)
• Provide support, supervision and assistance to homeless adults who may be facing multiple barriers
• Accept referrals and identify and share information on a variety of Lookout or external resources.
• Refer guests to a variety of community services
• Interview and provide basic necessities ensuring a safe and supportive environment for all
• Complete required records and maintain statistical data
• Support others in the residents who need assistance
• Provide assistance for new staff
• Job duties are complex and may have a few disagreeable factors
Qualifications / Required Skills
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
• Related Diploma or Certificate or minimum Grade 12 education, plus two (2) years of recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Familiarity with community resources, particularly addiction, mental health, welfare and harm reduction.
• Must have current OFA 1 First Aid Certificate
• Must have 2 doses of COVID 19 Vaccine
• Crisis Intervention Skills Training an asset
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting
• Strong ability to manage stress and organize workload
• Excellent communication, writing and documentation and organizational skills.
• Understands and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
• Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
• Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks and operate job related equipment.
• A minimum of two (2) years sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use.
• Criminal Record Clearance – vulnerable sector
Lookout Housing and Health Society is committed to empowering people from different races, gender, age, religion, identities and unique experiences. We welcome everyone from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to apply in order to foster an inclusive environment
Salary: $23.27 (as per the Collective Agreement)
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume, and quote CASUAL CLINICAL RESOURCE WORKER – SURREY 2023 in subject line to: Shamina.Kallu@lookoutsociety.ca
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9.” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
c. BCGEU, Shop Steward
Lookout Housing and Health Society is a charitable organization and social safety net that provides housing and a range of support services to adults with low or no income, who have few, if any, housing or support options. As the people we serve have challenges meeting basic needs and goals, we place minimal barriers between them and our services. We believe that helping people help themselves is essential in addressing homelessness and all the issues that surround it. Securing appropriate housing is the first and most essential step in achieving responsible and independent individuals. For more information about Lookout, please visit www.lookoutsociety.ca