Casual Technician - Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) - Lookout Housing and Health Society
Position: Casual Technician - Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS)
Deadline: November 29, 2022
Posted: November 23, 2022
Job Description / Duties
MDA BC is looking for an individual to operate our rTMS machine to treat patients. Experience in rTMS is not necessary, but preference will be given to those with experience in mental health. We are looking for someone with strong people skills, and the ability to work independently. Training provided.
Reporting to the Program Manager of MDABC, the rTMS Technician will provide support to the Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) Program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) treatment and review, collecting and organizing associated statistics, overall machine care and maintenance, patient support and communication, assisting in motor thresholding, and maintaining templates, logs and other related data. The rTMS Technician ensures that all clients receive the appropriate service, and that the goals and philosophy of the Society and programs are met.
This position is casual/on call and shifts are between Monday through Friday. This position is exempt from the union.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• An Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate is required.
• The successful applicant must pass a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Adults sector.
• Previous experience with as a medical technician operating a patient-facing technology is an asset PACS and GE ultrasound equipment is beneficial
• Experience in mental health services
Skills and Abilities:
• Effective decision-making skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a dynamic team
• Commitment to providing high quality patient care and customer service is essential
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and ability to work well under pressure
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong ability to document patient encounters accurately and thoroughly.
• Consistent client service and support
• Ability to maintain excellent judgment, tact and discretion.
• Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity/experience with patient-facing medical technology and mental health support
Lookout Housing and Health Society is committed to empowering people from different races, gender, age, religion, identities and unique experiences. We welcome everyone from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to apply in order to foster an inclusive environment.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 26, 2021 employees must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
The Mood Disorders Association of British Columbia (MDABC) is a branch of Lookout Housing and Health Society. MDABC provides treatment support, education and hope of recovery for people living with a mental health diagnosis. We serve to build awareness and understanding in communities throughout the province, reaching out to as many people as possible. For more information about MDABC, please visit our website at: www.mdabc.net