HSABC Webinar: Safe Supply 102
August 4, 2021, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
In the second part of the safe supply series, participants will:
- Learn how to navigate supporting their clients/community members in accessing safe supply.
- Develop a better understanding of how to advocate for clients experiencing issues related to safe supply.
- Understand how to support clients who are using illicit substances and need to self-isolate/quarantine due to COVID19 symptoms and/or awaiting test results.
- Be given the opportunity to ask questions related to safe supply access, and troubleshoot some of the issues they may have encountered in the early days of this new initiative.
- Discuss next steps related to de-medicalizing safe supply and decriminalization of substance use.
Throughout both parts of the safe supply series, Corey will provide a number of existing and new resources for learners to take away and bolster their learning experience.
Instructor: Cory Ranger
Corey has facilitated blood-borne pathogens programming for street-entrenched individuals in Edmonton's inner-city core; worked on the harm reduction team in Calgary; started HIV programming in Brooks; and most recently been responsible for implementing naloxone programming and supervised consumption services (SCS) in Medicine Hat. Corey has been a post-secondary instructor for community and mental health nursing at Medicine Hat College, and is an advocate for evidence-informed, pragmatic public policy. Corey is currently project manager for BCcampus, responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a provincial peer training curriculum and standards of practice (SOP).'
How to Register for Training Courses:
If your organization is a member of HSABC
- login with your login credentials
- if you do not have your own account/login, please click the Member rate and follow prompts for setting up an account.
If your organization is not a member of HSABC, please select the Non-member rate and create a guest account.
Why do I need an account?
You will be able to log into the private area and view your training courses and certificates.