HSABC Webinar:Substance Use Awareness and Safety Training
October 13, 2021, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
The latest research on drug use, the effects on behaviour and skills to help as you support clients with addictions. This HSABC webinar applies questioning and exploration to understanding, and learning about the physiological effects of certain drugs, including: hallucinogens, depressants, stimulants, anabolic steroids and cannabis. During this webinar, participants will learn about:
- What drugs are being used;
- What someone looks like when they are on different types of drugs;
- How to assess and manage someone you think is under the influence of drugs; and
- How to manage a critical emergency.
- The session will give an overview of harm reduction best practices, the overdose crisis and resources available to workers.
Instructor: Shari Ramsey
Shari McKenzie-Ramsay graduated from UBC as a Registered Nurse in 2015. She works at Lions Gate Hospital as an emergency nurse. Prior to this she was working in Mental Health and Addictions at the Hope Centre (acute psychiatry) and Magnolia House, a mental health transition house. She recently completed a Forensic Nurse Examiner course in Trauma in Health Care through BCIT and is a Take Home Naloxown program educator.
Shari is co-owner of Spiritus Wilderness Medical Training, since 2001, and has been teaching injury prevention since 1992. Shari is passionate about trauma informed care in health care and in a community setting.
How to Register for Training Courses:
If your organization is a member of HSABC
- login with your login credentials
- if you do not have your own account/login, please click the Member rate and follow prompts for setting up an account.
If your organization is not a member of HSABC, please select the Non-member rate and create a guest account.
Why do I need an account?
You will be able to log into the private area and view your training courses and certificates.