Position: Program Resource Worker #0354
Deadline: June 14, 2022
Posted: June 7, 2022
Job Description / Duties
NOTICE: JOB POSTING #0354
POSITION: Program Resource Worker (Grid 21) 1 Part Time - CLBC - Cedar Valley Connector, Mission
SALARY: $23.27 Per Hour (as per the Collective Agreement)
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
• Rotating schedule of 3 days on 4 days off, Friday through Saturday
• Shift times will rotate 07:30 - 19:30 & 19:30-07:30 Hours
• Shifts are 12 hours in length
• Days of rest shall be consecutive. Schedule may change with two weeks’ notice.
The Program Resource Worker (PRW) reports to the Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society, including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. The Program Resource Worker carries out a variety of duties related to the operation of the facility including accepting referrals based on predetermined criteria, intake and orienting guests, providing support that meets the mental, developmental and physical disabilities of the guests. This position deals with the public, other service agencies and professionals involved in the support of the guests.
JOB DUTIES (In Brief):
• Provides assistance to guests through methods such as identifying and sharing information on a variety of Lookout or external community/government resources including services providing: housing, meals, health, treatment, legal and financial needs. Documents guests’ activities and resources used based on guest disclosure and worker provided information.
• Participates in and oversees various client-focused social and recreational activities.
• Administer medication to clients and provides medication reminders, in accordance with established policy.
• Assists clients with activities of daily living such as feeding, lifts and transfers, grooming, and toileting.
• Complete required records and maintain statistical data.
• Performs a variety of cleaning duties such as toilet cleaning, bed-making as needed, general clean-up of assigned area and running errands such as laundry.
• Assists guests with self-care skills through methods such as providing support and encouragement to guests to maintain personal hygiene, housekeeping, meal planning and preparation and financial obligations.
Qualifications / Required Skills
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
• Related Certificate; or minimum Grade 12 education, plus two (2) years of recent related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Familiarity with community resources; such as addiction, mental health, income assistance and harm reduction
• Must have current Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate
• Must have 2 doses of COVID-19 Vaccine
• Crisis Intervention Skills (CPI), Naloxone and Trauma Inform Practice training is an asset
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting
• Strong ability to manage stress and organize workload
• Excellent communication, writing, documentation, and organizational skills
• Understands and maintains clientele/worker boundaries
• Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
• Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks and operate job related equipment
• A minimum of two (2) years of sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use
• Criminal Record Clearance – Vulnerable Sector required
Lookout Housing and Health Society is committed to empowering people from different races, gender, age, religion, identities and unique experiences. We welcome everyone from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to apply in order to foster an inclusive environment.
Salary: $23.27 Per Hour (as per the Collective Agreement)
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume, and quote Job Posting # in the subject line
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until June 14, 2022 at 5:00pm
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9.” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED
c. BCGEU, Shop Steward
Lookout Housing and Health Society is a charitable organization and social safety net that provides housing and a range of support services to adults with low or no income, who have few, if any, housing or support options. As the people we serve have challenges meeting basic needs and goals, we place minimal barriers between them and our services. We believe that helping people help themselves is essential in addressing homelessness and all the issues that surround it. Securing appropriate housing is
the first and most essential step in achieving responsible and independent individuals. For more information about Lookout, please visit www.lookoutsociety.ca.