Position: Data Clerk – Callout #0651
Deadline: November 29, 2022
Posted: November 23, 2022
Job Description / Duties
NOTICE: JOB POSTING #0651
POSITION: Data Clerk – Callout (Grid 5) 1 Temporary Full Time – Gateway Shelter, Surrey
(Position is temporary)
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
• Monday through Friday
• Shift times are 15:00 - 23:00 hrs.
• Shifts are 7.5 hours in length
• Days of rest shall be consecutive. Schedule may change with two weeks’ notice
• Probationary/ qualifying period will be 488 hours with mid and end point reviews.
The Data Clerk - Callout worker reports to the Site Manager or designate and works in conjunction with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. The Data Clerk-Callout worker carries out a variety of duties such as word processing, correspondence – phone and electronic, schedule and report tracking, typing, facilitating callouts and call recording, maintaining records of casual employees and answering general inquiries related to programs and policies.
JOB DUTIES (In Brief):
• Receives requests for emergency relief coverage, allocates and calls in relief staff to fill vacancies resulting from unfilled positions, in accordance with Lookout’s Casual Availability Policy and Procedure and the Collective Agreement
• Inputs casual availability updates into employee database (Success Factors) and tracks any changes by running reports and notifying Site Manager or designate
• Performs record management such as call records and attendance records as related to casual staff
• Corresponds to staff directly during telephone callouts and conversations as well as corresponds electronically through email
• Gathers and compiles information as required
Qualifications / Required Skills
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
• Post-secondary education equivalent to two (2) years of study plus two (2) years of recent related experience
• At least one (1) year of experience working in a non-profit environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Must have Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate
• Must have two doses of COVID-19 Vaccine
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Demonstrated ability to operate equipment
• Demonstrated ability to understand and maintain client/worker boundaries
• Demonstrated ability to organize workload
• Criminal Record Clearance – Vulnerable Sector
Lookout Housing and Health Society is committed to empowering people from different races, gender, age, religion, identities and unique experiences. We welcome everyone from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to apply in order to foster an inclusive environment.
Salary: $20.50 (as per the Collective Agreement)
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume, and quote Job Posting # in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until November 29, 2022 at 5:00pm
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9.” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
c. BCGEU, Shop Steward
Lookout Housing and Health Society is a charitable organization and social safety net that provides housing and a range of support services to adults with low or no income, who have few, if any, housing or support options. As the people we serve have challenges meeting basic needs and goals, we place minimal barriers between them and our services. We believe that helping people help themselves is essential in addressing homelessness and all the issues that surround it. Securing appropriate housing is
the first and most essential step in achieving responsible and independent individuals. For more information about Lookout, please visit www.lookoutsociety.ca