Job Board > Clinical Support Worker #0832 - Lookout Housing and Health Society
Position: Clinical Support Worker #0832
Deadline: March 21, 2023
Posted: March 14, 2023
Job Description / Duties
NOTICE: JOB POSTING #0832
POSITION: Clinical Support Worker (Grid 34) 1 Part Time – Carr’s Place, Surrey
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
· Saturday and Sunday
· Shift times will be 07:00 – 15:00 Hours
· Shifts are 7.5 hours in length
· Days of rest shall be consecutive. Schedule may change with two weeks’ notice
· Probationary/ qualifying period will be 488 hours with mid and end point reviews.
The Clinical Support Worker (CSW) reports to Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. The CSW works with residents to provide assistance, support, education and skill training. Will work with resident to maintain and develop greater independence and stability with the goal of a healthier and more independent living arrangement.
JOB DUTIES: (in brief)
· Will participate in tenant intake and provide support services and assessment
· Will identify challenges for tenant and develop service plans, crisis intervention, administer finances and medication
· Ensure that basic needs are met by working closely with the individual on a long-term, ongoing basis
· Complete required paper work and maintain statistical and evaluative data
· Assist with volunteers and practicum students on site
· Some external work is likely to occur. Use of an automobile may at times be useful
Qualifications / Required Skills
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
· Related Diploma or Certificate or minimum Grade 12 education, plus one (2) year of recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
· Familiarity with community resources, particularly addiction, mental health and harm reduction.
· Must have current OFA 1 First Aid Certificate
· Must have two doses of COVID 19 Vaccine
· Crisis Intervention Skills Training an asset
· Class 4 driver's License an asset
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting
· Strong ability to manage stress and organize workload
· Excellent communication, writing and documentation and organizational skills.
· Understands and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
· Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
· Quick learner and self-motivated
· Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks and operate job related equipment.
· Minimum of two years sobriety required
· Criminal Record Clearance – vulnerable sector
Lookout Housing and Health Society is committed to empowering people from different races, gender, age, religion, identities and unique experiences. We welcome everyone from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to apply in order to foster an inclusive environment.
Salary: $26.42 (as per the Collective Agreement)
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume, and quote Job Posting # in subject line to: Kali.Hegg@lookoutsociety.ca
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until March 21, 2023 at 5:00pm
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9.” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED. c. BCGEU, Shop Steward
Lookout Housing and Health Society is a charitable organization and social safety net that provides housing and a range of support services to adults with low or no income, who have few, if any, housing or support options. As the people we serve have challenges meeting basic needs and goals, we place minimal barriers between them and our services. We believe that helping people help themselves is essential in addressing homelessness and all the issues that surround it. Securing appropriate housing is the first and most essential step in achieving responsible and independent individuals. For more information about Lookout, please visit www.lookoutsociety.ca