We represent over 230 organizations throughout British Columbia that are working together to end homelessness.
Membership Types, Fees and Benefits
There are two types of memberships:
- Full Memberships
- Associate Memberships
Full memberships are available to shelter providers, outreach service providers, and drop-in facilities. Associate memberships are available to organizations not providing front-line services, but are interested in advancing the purposes and supporting the activities of HSABC.
The fee for Full and Associate membership is $285 per year. Full Members are granted voting rights while Associate Memberships are not.
Full and Associate Member agencies can register their staff for in person workshops and webinars at no additional cost.
Benefits of Membership with the Homelessness Services Association of BC 2019-20
HSABC members (Once a year fee $285.00) can register all staff for all-day workshops and webinars at no additional cost.
Also have access to past recorded webinars and new ones being added after they have been completed live!! – New
Certificates will be issued for all HSABC trainings and are BC Housing and WorkSafe BC recognized.
Participants can participate in teleconferences and research initiatives when they occur.
Sign up for training: http://hsa-bc.ca/training-events/
HSABC training includes:
All day Trainings
- Managing Hostile Interactions – All Day 9am – 4pm
- Mental Health, Addiction & Trauma – All Day 9am – 4pm
- Self-Care & Effective Workplace Boundaries – All Day 9am – 4pm
- Managing for Improving Performance – Webinar
- Attendance Management 101 – Webinar
- Managing Multi-Generational Workplaces – Webinar
- NEW ** Emotionally Intelligent Leaders
- NEW** Strategies for an Effective Board
- NEW** Introduction to Strategic Planning
- NEW** New Supervisors/Mangers
- Suicide Prevention Checklist – Webinar
- Case Planning & Ethics 1 & 2 – Webinar
- Work Life Balance – Webinar
- Healthy Workplace Boundaries – Webinar
- Effective Document & Report Writing – Webinar
- Cross Cultural Awareness – Webinar
- Trauma in the Homeless Sector 1 & 2 – Webinar
- Working with Elderly Shelter Clients – Webinar
- Working with Transgendered Populations – Webinar
- Negotiating with Landlords – Webinar
- Working in Rural Communities – Webinar
- When Caring Hurts: Vicarious Trauma – Webinar
- Understanding Homeless Rights – Webinar
- Family Homelessness – Webinar
- Organizational Prevention of Vicarious Trauma
- Helping Clients with lost ID
- Substance Use Awareness & Safety Training
- Intro to Domestic Violence Safety Training – Coming June 27, 2019
- Safety for Women in Co-ed Shelters – Coming 2019
- Cultural Competency 100: Understanding Indigenous Historical Influences – May 30, 2019
- NEW ** Brain Injuries – Coming soon!
- LGBTQ2S Awareness Training
- HIFIS Training – Coming 2019
HSABC and TRAC Webinars:
1) Breaking the Lease 2) Dispute Resolution I & II. 3) Evictions: What You Should Know! 4) Tenants Rights 101. 5) Saving a Tenants Housing. 6) The Right to Peace & Privacy in Your Home. 7) The Rules & Your Rights: Finding & Securing Rental Housing. 8) NEW** Deposits, Fees & Rent Increases. 9) Residential Tenancy Law 101
New training coming again this year: We will inform you when it is put in place!!
“All Day” means it is held at a venue and runs on a 9AM to 4PM schedule and is fully catered!!
HSABC is committed to enhancing the capacity of the homeless sector through training, dialogue, research, and the development of best practices. If you have any questions about your HSABC membership, please Jim Mandelin at 604-568-3373 or email@example.com We’re here to help you!
Memberships cost $285 per fiscal year running from April
1st to March 31st of the next year.
If you are not a member yet but would like to participate in these trainings click here to become a member,
HSABC Membership Link: http://hsa-bc.ca/membership-2/membership-registration/
Coordinator of Training & Membership
Homelessness Services Association of BC
4445 Norfolk Street
Burnaby, BC V5G 0A7
Main Line: 778-945-7790
Jim’s Phone: 604-568-3373
Jim’s Cell: 604 722 5891
HSABC respectfully acknowledges that its office is located on the unceded, traditional, ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.