This workshop will explore:
- LGBTQ2S+ terminology and definitions
- Overview and reflection on the gender binary and spectrum models, to bring to light how we understand and talk about gender and sexuality as a society (media, pop culture, in school or health systems, etc.), and how this rigid understanding can be limiting and exclusionary
- Exercise on gendered language, including pronouns; respectfully asking people their personal pronouns and how often we assign someone a gender based on assumptions.
- Facilitated conversations on creating inclusive spaces and building out allyship
- Case studies will be provided as a follow-up activity post-workshop. (These can be customized for incidents that have happened within your organization and/or with clients, or I can draft hypothetical situations/scenarios based on my understanding of your typical client, staff person, special events you might host, etc.)
- Provide QMUNITY referrals to services and community contacts/referrals when appropriate